On Tuesday, July 16, as part of the festivities surrounding the Major League Baseball All-Star Game 2013 that will be played later that day at Citi Field, the Grand Central neighborhood will host a Red Carpet Show featuring this year’s All-Star players, retired baseball legends, and their families. A caravan of Chevrolet trucks, accompanied by floats and marching bands, will carry the players along 42nd Street between Sixth and Second Avenues. The event will run from 1 pm – 2pm.
For a full list of All-Star events (July 12 – July 16), click here.
The Red Carpet Show will result in a series of street closures starting on Monday, July 15 and continuing through Tuesday, July 16:
– Starting at 10 pm on Monday evening, July 15, 40th Street between Fifth and Madison Avenues will be closed to all vehicular traffic through 4 pm on July 16. Private carting trash pickup on Monday evening, July 15 must be scheduled prior to 10 pm.
– Starting at 12:01 am on July 16, the center lanes of 42nd Street between Sixth and Second Avenues will be closed to vehicular traffic and will remain closed until 4 pm.
– On July 16, temporary traffic control will be enforced on 39th Street between Second and Fifth Avenues and on 46th Street between Fifth and Second Avenues between 12 noon – 1 pm.
– On July 16, 42nd Street between First and Seventh Avenues will be closed to all vehicular traffic beginning at 10 am and it will remain closed until approximately 4 pm.
– Event Shuttle Bus stops for ticketed events will be operating on
the west side of Lexington Avenue between 48th-49th Street and 42nd-43rd Street
from Sunday, July 14 – Tuesday, July 16.
– While 42nd Street will be open to pedestrian traffic, you should anticipate the presence of large crowds who will attend the Red Carpet Show.