The latest on where to get food/shop in Midtown East
Midtown East restaurants can offer indoor dining again, in addition to providing take-out/delivery and outdoor options! Also, many storefront businesses have reopened in the Grand Central district, so see below for a list of many of the neighborhood businesses that are open and ready to welcome you.
A continually updated and exhaustive list of all open storefront businesses in the neighborhood may be found here.
You may also browse our interactive map for a complete directory of area storefront businesses.
NOTE: Due to rapid changes in the business landscape in response to the coronavirus, we recommend calling ahead to businesses or connecting with them over social media if you have any questions about hours of operation, delivery, gift cards, etc.
Up-to-date information for Grand Central Terminal shops may be found here, as well as below.
Open Food and Beverage Businesses (open for indoor, outdoor, and/or take-out/delivery)
- Alidoro (18 East 39th Street, between Madison and Fifth Avenue – 646-692-4330)
- Amaze Fusion & Lounge (694 Third Avenue, between 43rd and 44th Street – 212-986-5555
- Ammos Estiatorio (52 Vanderbilt Avenue, between 44th and 45th Streets – 212-922-9999)
- Beer Table (Grand Central Terminal, Graybar Passage – 212-922-0008)
- Ben & Jack's Steakhouse (219 East 44th Street, between Second and Third Avenues – 212-682-5678)
- Benjamin Prime (52 East 41st Street, between Park and Madison Avenues – 212-297-9177)
- Cafe Alice (5 East 47th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-888-6969)
- Cafe Grumpy (Grand Central Terminal, Lexington Passage – 212-661-2198)
- Cafe Metro (14 East 42nd Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenues – 212-697-3700)
- Casa Lever (390 Park Avenue, on 53rd Street between Park and Madison Avenues – 212-888-2700)
- Ceriello Fine Foods (Grand Central Market, at Lexington and 43rd Street – 212-972-4266)
- Central Cellars (Grand Central Terminal, Graybar Passage – 212-687-1300)
- Central Market New York (Grand Central Terminal, Lower Level Dining Concourse)
- Chick-fil-a (50 East 42nd Street, between Madison and Vanderbilt Avenues – 917-261-4615)
- China Moon (7 East 47th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-207-4787)
- Deli on Madison (420 Madison Avenue, between 48th and 49th Streets – 212-308-6140)
Delmonico's NYC (375 Lexington Avenue, between 41st and 42nd Street – 212-661-0150)
- Essen (290 Madison Avenue, between 40th and 41st Streets – 212-689-0800)
- Everyday Gourmet Deli (369 Lexington Avenue, at 41st Street – 212-986-0500)
Frankie’s Dogs on the Go (Grand Central Terminal, Lower Level Dining Concourse)
- Fields Good Chicken (26 East 40th Street, between Madison and Park Avenue – 212-997-1272)
Fine & Rare (5 East 39th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-752-3863)
Gai Chicken & Rice (158 East 45th Street, between Third and Lexington Avenue – 347-237-0909)
Gregory's Coffee (122 East 42nd Street, near Lexington Avenue, and 12 East 46th Street – 212-609-1798)
Kajitsu/Kokage (125 East 39th Street, between Park and Lexington Avenue – 212-228-4873)
Le Relais de Venise L’Entrecôte (590 Lexington Avenue at 52nd Street – 212-758-3989)
- Li-Lac Chocolates (Grand Central Market, at Lexington and 43rd Street – 212-924-2280)
- Luke's Lobster (207 East 43rd Street, between Second and Third Avenue)
- Mad Dog & Beans Mexican Cantina (5 East 38th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 646-998-5722)
- Mangia (422 Madison Avenue, between 48th and 49th Streets – 212-644-0422) is open from 7 am to 3 pm daily.
- Matsunoya (131 East 45th Street, between Lexington and Third Avenue)
- Momosan Ramen & Sake (342 Lexington Avenue between 39th and 40th Street – 646- 201-5529)
- Murray’s Cheese (Grand Central Terminal, Grand Central Market – 212-922-1540)
- Neuhaus Belgian Chocolate (42nd Street at Vanderbilt Avenue, Grand Central Terminal – 212-972-3740) is open from 2 pm to 6 pm, weekdays.
- Osteria Delbianco (22 East 49th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-838-5972)
- Park Avenue Liquor Shop (270 Madison Avenue at 39th Street – 212-685-2442)
- Park Avenue Tavern (99 Park Avenue at 39th Street – 212-867-4484)
- Pescatore (955 Second Avenue, between 50th and 51st Street – 212-752-7151)
- Pescatore Seafood Co. (Grand Central Market, Lexington at 43rd Street – 212-557-4466) is open 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday, 11am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday, and available via Mercato 24/7.
- Pescatore Sushi & Noodles (Grand Central Terminal, Grand Central Market – 212-661-0002)
- Potbelly (150 East 44th Street, between Lexington and Third Avenue – 646-289-4202)
- Previti Pasta & Pizza (341 Lexington Avenue, between 39th and 40th Street – 212-867-2782)
- Royal 35 Steakhouse (1 East 35th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-804-7276)
- Shake Shack (Grand Central Terminal, Lower Level Dining Concourse – 646-517-5804)
- Sinigual (640 Third Avenue, at 41st Street – 212-286-0250)
- Starbucks (Grand Central Terminal, 45th Street Passage)
- Sticky's Finger Joint (466 Lexington Avenue at 45th Street)
- Strip House Midtown (15 West 44th Street, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues – 212-336-5454)
- Sunrise Mart (12 East 41st Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenues)
- Sweetcatch Poke (100 Park Avenue, on 41st Street – 646-837-6026)
- The Capital Grille (155 East 42nd Street, between Lexington and Third Avenue – 212-953-2000)
The Wheeltapper Pub (141 East 44th Street between Lexington and Third Avenue, in the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel – 212-351-6800)
Udon West (150 East 46th Street, between Lexington and Third Avenue)
Urbanspace at 570 Lex (570 Lexington Avenue at 51st Street)
Wagamama (605 Third Avenue, between 38th and 39th Street – 646-813-3396)
Wolf and Lamb (16 East 48th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenue – 212-317-1950)
- Zaro’s Family Bakery (Grand Central Terminal, Grand Central Market; Shuttle Passage, and Graybar Passage – 212-292-0160) Lower Level location is temporarily closed.
- Zucker's Bagels & Smoked Fish (370 Lexington Avenue between 40th and 41st Streets – 212-661-1080)
Other Midtown East Businesses Offering Services During this Time
- Barnes and Noble (555 Fifth Avenue at 46th Street – 212-697-3048)
- Grand Central Optical (Grand Central Terminal, Lexington Passage – 212-599-1221)
- Grand Central Watch (Grand Central Terminal, 45th Street Passage – 212-685-1689) Call, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.
- Hudson News (Grand Central Terminal, Upper Level – 212-370-0206) is open 6 am to 2 pm (Lower Level location is temporarily closed).
- J. Press, Inc. (51 East 44th Street at Vanderbilt Avenue – 646-973-1329)
- Museum of the Dog (101 Park Avenue at 40th Street)
- Paul Stuart (350 Madison Avenue at 45th Street – 212-682-0320) is offering curbside pickup for online orders.
- Rite Aid (Grand Central Terminal, Shuttle Passage – 212-972-8269)
- Willner Chemists (100 Park Avenue, at 41st Street – 212-682-2817)